David’s background before coming to the law is an interesting and chequered one which has equipped him with the capacity to relate well to clients and juries, and to think laterally about the resolution of legal issues.
He has worked in the rural, manufacturing and transport industries and was the proprietor of a bus tour & charter business on Queensland’s Gold Coast between 1994 and 1998. He was chairman of the working committee that ultimately established the first Community Bank in Queensland at Biggera Waters in 2000. Relevantly, David’s legal background includes:
- 2000 – 2002 Solicitor, private practice (regional NSW)
- 2002 – 2004 Solicitor, Kamilaroi Aboriginal Legal Service
- 2004 – 2006 Associate to his Honour Judge J B Phelan, District Court of NSW; Associate to his Honour Judge Conlon SC, District Court of NSW
- 2013 – 2014 State Prosecutor, Western Australia DPP
David has a particular interest in defending victims of email scams who become duped into trafficking border controlled drugs into Australia by international crime syndicates.
He is also a member of Eleventh Floor Garfield Barwick Chambers in Sydney, and regularly accepts briefs to appear in New South Wales.
David practises in the following areas:
- Criminal law (all jurisdictions)
- Driving and traffic matters
- Violence restraining orders
LLB (Hons), Bond
Cert. Transport Management, UQ